We have all been there! We have all worked somewhere we HATED!!!
In 2018 and most of 2019, I worked for someone who was an absolute terrible human being!
- He would watch the cameras non stop.
- He would make passive aggressive comments about my weight even though I just had a baby and was a single mom (Hello No Time For Myself).
- He would dock my pay if I was 5 minutes late even though I never took my lunch.
- He would block my car in and refuse to move his car so I would have to wait 15/30 minutes after my shift ended to go home to my daughter.
- He yelled at me and told me he was going to make me pay for his missed earnings because I told a couple to leave after getting physical in the office. (He wanted me to call them up and apologize for my behavior. LOL!! I didn’t apologize nor call them)
- He threw boxes of computer paper across the room in one of his anger rampages.
- When the heater broke in 5 degree weather he refused to fix it because he didn’t want to be late for vacation. So he made us work in freezing temperatures.
That is just 7 things he did. I could sit here all day and state every terrible thing he did to me. (Believe me, it is a long list!)
One day I had enough, put in my two weeks notice without a backup job, and landed a job right away with a boss that appreciates me!
THANK YOU UNIVERSE
5 Signs You Are Unhappy At Work
1.YOU DREAD GOING THERE (LATENESS/NOT COMING IN)
I hated going to that job. I absolutely hated it. I would complain all the time about how much I hated that boss.
Now, I love going to work. I know my boss isn’t going to be passive aggressive, throw things, or bully me.
2. WHEN YOU COME HOME FROM WORK YOU FEEL DRAINED
The reason you feel drained is because being at an unhappy job takes so much energy! It is exhausting being somewhere you don’t want to be!
3. NOT CARING
If you stop caring about your work, you need to switch jobs. You spend a large fraction of your life at your job, you have to like working there.
4. ISOLATING YOURSELF
If you feel like you are hiding from everyone at the office, you need to start looking for a new job. Human beings are social, so if you find yourself hiding from everyone and everything, you aren’t happy there.
5. YOU SPEND SUNDAY WORRYING ABOUT MONDAY MORNING
People who love where they work don’t spend the weekend dreading Monday morning.